Who is eligible? Children with a parent killed or seriously injured in a work-related accident that is compensable under the Missouri Workers’ Compensation Law.
What is the length of the scholarship? One school year. Students must reapply each year. Scholarship awards are contingent on availability of funds.
What can the scholarship money be used for? Tuition, books, supplies, housing, meals and other education-related expenses not covered by other grants or scholarships.
What educational institutions qualify? Any accredited, post-high school educational institution, e.g, university, college, trade school, community college, graduate school.
Deadlines for submitting completed applications and supporting documents:
May 15 Fall & Spring semester
October 30 Spring semester
• I certify that all of the information provided in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
• I hereby apply for a scholarship through Kids’ Chance of Missouri.
• I hereby give consent to Kids’ Chance of Missouri, its agents and employees, to verify the information in this application and attachments by contacting any individual, government, educational institution, or other entity. I understand that any intentionally false or misleading information I have submitted with this application will result in immediate rejection, cancellation of the award and/or return of expended funds.
• If I am awarded funds, I agree to: (1) provide Kids’ Chance of Missouri with a photo and written authorization to use it on its website and in publications; (2) attend special events when feasible; and (3) send annual updates on my academic and extracurricular progress.
• I understand and acknowledge that Kids’ Chance scholarships are benevolent awards based on funds available to Kids’ Chance. Selection of recipients and amounts awarded are within their sole discretion. I am not legally entitled to any scholarship based on this application.